Went on my first family vacation and took my five year old. We stayed at the Polynesian.
Upon checking into our room I went to go on the balcony which over looked the water, I noticed the handle to the sliding glass door was broke. When I cam in I went to shut it and the door because the handle was broke off slammed my middle finger in the door. It gushed with blood and I thought I was going to pass out and thought I lost the tip of my finger. My husband looked at it and took me down to the front desk to make them aware of the door and what had happened.
They gave me a band aid and advised that they would have it fixed. My finger continued to bleed very badly, we had towels soaked with blood and went through the bad aid. My husband took me back down to the desk and they offered to call me a taxi to go to the hospital. I was appalled.
I was going to have to pay for the taxi, miss out on my vacation and drag my five year old to a ER.I advised them that I would apply pressure and continue to bandage it (which I had to pay over six dollars for a box of them) and see how it was the next day. They did not fill out a report or offer anything. The next day I went down and showed them again my finger and was told that the only thing they could do was call me a cab (again which I had to pay for). I was not going to ruin the family vacation for the other eight people I was with so I decided not to go, again nothing was reported by the staff.
I went to our room and got a shower, looked down and the shower curtain was filled with mold. Called the desk and was advised that our building had not be renovated yet as the others were. What does a moldy shower curtain have to do with that? I also advised them that the AC was not working properly that the room felt damp and the bed when you slept in it felt like you were sleeping on damp sheets, again I was advised that it was not renovated yet.
This resort cost 500+ night and to have this type of service is a joke. I WILL NOT stay here again.
Review about: Polynesian Resort.